From Brazil to the world: uncover the startups that may current innovation within the Netherlands
Considered the most global startup competition in the world, Get in the Ring brings together companies from across continents to share their stories, connect with like-minded people and make new business happen. Since 2012, when it started in the Netherlands, the dispute has connected 10,000 startups from 100 countries in more than 500 cities. This year, Brazilian startups DigiFarmz (champion of the Like a Boss Challenge in 2020); Aarin, Datlo and Netword Agro (2021 Like a Boss finalists) and Trashin (2022 champion) will represent Brazil in The Hague, between 13 and 15 November. The Like a Boss Challenge is an initiative of Sebrae.
Throughout its trajectory, this program promoted by Sebrae has already served an average of 12 thousand startups per year, in the most diverse levels of maturity. The Challenge comprises, in addition to the competition with awards, a series of incentives aimed at startups in national and international contexts. The companies involved have the chance to participate in mentoring, training, consulting, missions and other activities.
For Sebrae innovation analyst Cristina Mieko, this preparation for the international market is essential for the strengthening of startups. “Companies are born small, but they all want to grow and need tools. Therefore, Sebrae promotes actions such as Like a Boss, which opens new windows of opportunity”, she observes. According to Mieko, Sebrae makes strategic partnerships that allow Brazilian startups to enter the global innovation ecosystem.
Meet the representatives of Brazil at Get in the Ring 2022
• Trashin is a startup that promotes the circular economy through actions aimed at creative sustainability. Waste management services, reverse logistics, the Trashin Method of Education and the T Certificate will be presented to entrepreneurs, customers, investors and researchers from all over the world.
• The startup Aarin, the first payment platform specialized in Pix and Openbank, has the value proposition of making any company able to provide financial services, without having to become a bank. As a differential, around 80% of the company’s team is composed of women.
• Datlo is a Geographic Intelligence startup that uses Big Data and Artificial Intelligence techniques to help companies find market opportunities based on location, such as new places to work, potential customers and team optimization. The company was founded in 2018, in Maringá.
• Netword Agro developed a soil and crop monitoring system that takes science and technology to the field, seeking to increase the profitability and quality of life of producers.
• DigiFarmz is a digital platform that combines research data, climatological information, cultivar genetics, sowing dates, location and other parameters, to present intelligent recommendations that help producers, agronomists and consultants in the phytosanitary management of soybean diseases, presenting parameters for better decision making.
Source: Agência Sebrae